1996-06-10 - Re: Thank you for the Archives 100 messages

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Be Good)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ce8dbef00dee8abad771d078f7cb08de5bebf37e4e710bea743f61db2cfefde7
Message ID: <199606091911.MAA27107@netcom22.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:09:14 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Be Good)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:09:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Thank you for the Archives 100 messages

> This isn't true. I don't believe in killfiles. Being on my twit list simply
> means that you're entitled to a brief acknowledgement of every message you

How polite, like a Courtesy_Copy.    Thanks!

> send me. Skippy was added after he sent me the 3MB results from the
> rec.music.white-power vote as a rather limp mailbombing attempt (free clue:
> it takes a lot more than that to make a dent in our bandwidth or disk
> space); see http://www.stanford.edu/~llurch/potw2/rec.music.white-powder for
> that email.

Liar.  Since they got rid of the old Bell, Stanford is as good as
Netcom in their top level functions, I retreived the above page in
a few seconds, it's the terminals and stuff which cause the problems.
You, for instance, only use Micro$oft, so you lose out on the use
of Stanford's T3's, which I use all the time whenever I'm logged in
to Netcom.  As if there's anybody stupid enough to use Micro$oft
for networking, much less Dial-ups!

> > somebody has placed a global cancel bot on

I was wrong, I was just Dicked a few forge-cancels.  He got angry
of course, when I added misc.test, which means he can't continue
to forge-cancel without quickly alerting me.

> > me.  I'm gonna have plenty of fun figuring
> > this out.  Kwow any good sniffers?
>
> The one that used to be running on darth.stanford.edu was pretty good.
> Since February 22nd, I've working on the assumption that everything I do
> unencrypted is public. I would revoke my PGP key, but I never used it much
> for receiving mail anyway, and I'm not sure that it was found.

You could explain to us what you are talking about,
but that would threaten your B1!?3 status.

> > I agree the list should be public usenet:
> > A mail gate-way to a usenet group that
> > ALSO permits unmoderated posts.  This
> > would be a nice way to combine a strict
> > moderated mail-list, with a standard
> > netnews group.

Great idea.  For stormfront.
BTW, can you forge-request another archives for me?
I saw a couple of letters before losing the rest.
I'm trying to work novell dos with linux and making
a general mess of things.  Picked up an unwrapped
copy for $40, is that a good deal?

> Gee, what a great idea! Why hasn't anyone thought of that? hks.net, for
> example. Unfortunately, there are too many copyright terrorists here.

Never noticed it.

> There's a tradeoff between freedom and visibility. As astute readers are
> aware, hks.net had to take down the archives after WSJ made a threat that
> was a little too credible.

Never noticed it.  You folks are just so damned paranoid.
The government's not out to get you, just help you.

--

Kill Your Television

Thread