1996-06-15 - Re: doubleclick monitoring web browsing habits

Header Data

From: “Deranged Mutant” <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dd64f36c445eb448f567b07bf3e9ffcd3cf6003d8fcecfc6a9861db28e3bd2a0
Message ID: <199606151550.LAA02510@unix.asb.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 03:56:42 +0800

Raw message

From: "Deranged Mutant" <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 03:56:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: doubleclick monitoring web browsing habits

On 14 Jun 96 at 18:06, Mark M. wrote:
[..]
> but it is not enough to satisfy my paranoia.  I would be truely satisfied if
> Netscape would prompt for an e-mail address whenever it sends mail or post to
> usenet.

When I used to read the list over hks.net (still down, eh?) I would
change my name (and sometimes address, for quasi-anonymity) with no
problems... you just have to do that *before* you try to reply.

(Free)Agent newsreader will let you do that as part of the reply as well.
It'll still show the path and machine that sent news, but it allows
you to change From:, Reply-To: and Sender: fields.

Rob.

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.

Thread