1996-06-09 - Re: [NOISE] Buying whales with digicash Re: Anonymous stock trades.

Header Data

From: hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e8fa2669405a4de67cbe99baa07a67132aac9bad1c502a4f683cbf28830e1625
Message ID: <9606082133.AA05913@Etna.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <199606082022.NAA20567@web.azstarnet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-09 01:05:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 09:05:50 +0800

Raw message

From: hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 09:05:50 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [NOISE] Buying whales with digicash Re: Anonymous stock trades.

>usually, people just call me Davve.

Unusual to spell Dave with two v's, were your parents also dyslexic?

How about everyone holding off on the spelling flames for a while?

Having discovered from Hal Finnley that you US types do not lump together
derivatives based on futures when you refer to futures I think I now understand
the point Perry was originaly trying to make. Yes speculating in ordinary
futures, one would normally expect a return of about the same as the margin put
up. Does anyone have a first hand report of the precise contracts being traded?
There appear to be no details on the Web that Alta Vista has access to.

Of course if Perry and his cohorts were not so keen to call people drivelling
idiots we would have got to this point rather earlier.

I have a habit of not valuing very highly claims from people who feel they have
to resort to insults to get an argument across. Perry's mode of argument appears
to be the automatic gainsaying of whatever the other person says - not too
helpfull.

I'm still at a loss to see why Bob thinks I have anything whatsoever to do with
the Social Text people. I've never accepted any of the Derrida type stuff and
have metaphysical and linguistic objections to that approach based in the theory
they are alledgedly advancing.

		Phill

Thread