1996-06-15 - Re: Here we go again

Header Data

From: abostick@netcom.com (Alan Bostick)
To: stevenw@best.com
Message Hash: f1b1ae459803bc92110308c9f5c33de64e038bfa7e5755f55b0cf41c2602aa64
Message ID: <JEuwx8m9LQ8E085yn@netcom.com>
Reply To: <v01540b05ade814d49805@[206.86.1.35]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-15 21:02:36 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 05:02:36 +0800

Raw message

From: abostick@netcom.com (Alan Bostick)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 05:02:36 +0800
To: stevenw@best.com
Subject: Re: Here we go again

In article <v01540b05ade814d49805@[206.86.1.35]>,
stevenw@best.com (Steven Weller) wrote:

> Copyright 1996 Nando.net
> Copyright 1996 The Associated Press
>
> SEOUL, South Korea (Jun 15, 1996 00:41 a.m. EDT) -- For a Canadian
> university student, creating an Internet site on North Korea was simply
> opening a small library on the  reclusive nation. For South Korean
> authorities, it was threat to national security.
>
> Last week, South Korea declared David Burgess' World Wide Web site
> subversive and ordered 14 local computer networks with Internet links to
> block public access to it.
>
> The government also said it would punish anyone accessing North Korean web
> sites, taking its ideological war with its Marxist enemy into cyberspace.

I saw this, too.  The online AP report had the URL for the site at the
bottom (http://duke.usask.ca/~burgess/DPRK.html).  The site is no longer
there.

I suspect that a University president or provost or computer services
manager had it removed.  I suspect that he or she is going to be VERY
embarassed real soon now.

--
Alan Bostick               | The Necronomicon was not written by the Mad Arab,
mailto:abostick@netcom.com | it was written by Scott Adams

Thread