1996-06-15 - Re: Does information want to be free?

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: markm@voicenet.com>
Message Hash: f5471560fb2eb794c9692af83f69b5a8db9a0bec14e0fd316d3b35486172cc08
Message ID: <4lkW=Qu00YUyN3a9sM@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960614164556.394A-100000@gak>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-15 08:03:41 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 16:03:41 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 16:03:41 +0800
To: markm@voicenet.com>
Subject: Re: Does information want to be free?

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 14-Jun-96 Does information want to
be.. by "Mark M."@voicenet.com
> For those interested, there is an article in the latest Scientific American
> about copyright laws and how they will be applied to the Internet.  It used
> the banned French book about the former president as an example of just how
> difficult it is to regulate information.  It also addresses whether routers
> (or analogously anonymous remailers) should be held liable for any copyright
> violations that may pass through them.

ObPlug: _Le Grand Secret_ is at <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~declan/le-secret/>.

Last month I inteviewed a French government official in conjunction with
an article I was writing. I confess I was amused by how he described
those Internet anarchists who delighted in publicizing books that should
in fact be restricted.

-Declan

Thread