1996-07-23 - Re: [Noise] was Re: Giving 6 year old kids Uzi’s

Header Data

From: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
To: Ernest Hua <hua@xenon.chromatic.com>
Message Hash: 0aaf4b45a5a3fe710297e808cb9db0aef19d6374d3a7d299493d6e36b5c05397
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960722145721.14181A-100000@use.usit.net>
Reply To: <199607221831.LAA28568@server1.chromatic.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 02:02:55 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:02:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:02:55 +0800
To: Ernest Hua <hua@xenon.chromatic.com>
Subject: Re: [Noise] was Re: Giving 6 year old kids Uzi's

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Ernest Hua wrote:

> > > Would you just hand out guns to all teenagers?
> >
> > My twelve-year-old daughter asked for and received a .22 for her birthday.
> > Her four and six year old siblings enjoy shooting it, under close
> > supervision.
>
> The question was not whether you might let your little girl operate
> a gun.  The question was whether you might let her carry it as part
> of her standard equipment.  Would you let her go to school with it
> loaded or with ammo within easy reach?  I mean, what's the point of
> carrying a gun without bullets?

My daughter often carries her gun to school, complete with large
quantities of high-velocity long-rifle cartridges.

She's homeschooled and marksmanship is one of her extracurricular activities.

bd

p.s.  In two years of homeschooling, she has advanced 6 grade levels on
the state-mandated achievement tests.

> Ern

Thread