1996-07-29 - Re: Terrorists are adult Kids?

Header Data

From: “Peter D. Junger” <junger@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Message Hash: 1a6a4ed169dc472ba3d7d8123847aaa984a077653dfc043973c238b2e82e01c6
Message ID: <199607291256.IAA04683@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
Reply To: <199607290336.WAA27752@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-29 15:45:47 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 23:45:47 +0800

Raw message

From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 23:45:47 +0800
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Subject: Re: Terrorists are adult Kids?

Igor Chudov @ home writes:

: Once I was going to school
: #57 in a tram and a small bomb exploded right in my school bag.
: It was made from Ammonium triiodide which is really unstable.

That reminds me of my father's little jiffy fly killer recipe:

Prepare a batch of ammonium tri-iodide and while it is still moist mix
it with granulated sugar and then spread that mixture on the surfaces
where you expect the flies to land.  The flies will be attracted to the
sugar and then POOF! . . . .

Trouble is I was always too impatient and in checking to see whether
the ammonium tri-iodide was ready I would blow the stuff up in my
face--which rather gave a new meaning to the phrase ``red-faced''.

: So the idea is, maybe if kids play enough with explosives WHILE THEY ARE
: KIDS, they would get enough of it and would not continue playing with them
: when they grow up (and become more dangerous). Like, I myself pretty much
: lost interest in building explosive devices and rocketry after 18.

I suspect that there is a lot of truth in that.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
Internet:  junger@pdj2-ra.f-remote.cwru.edu    junger@samsara.law.cwru.edu

Thread