1996-07-25 - Re: Game Theory and its Relevance to Cypherpunks

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Llywarch Hen <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1d730ea237c4100ba90c36d2cb99e8f912992b9ccab40b3316ee37ab0eafba29
Message ID: <199607250636.XAA06174@dns2.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 16:58:43 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 16:58:43 +0800
To: Llywarch Hen <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Game Theory and its Relevance to Cypherpunks

At 03:21 AM 7/21/96 -0700, Llywarch Hen wrote:
> What Timothy May espouses is not the appearance of craziness but actual
> insanity itself.

The best way to convince others you are crazy is to actually be crazy.

More practically, if you organize your nuclear forces so that any
serious war is likely to escalate uncontrollably into the battle of
armageddon, regardless of your intentions and desires, which is how
the American government organized its nuclear forces in Europe,
then you can pretty much guarantee you will not have to face a
serious war.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com