1996-07-09 - Offshore Information Services is Back after Bertha

Header Data

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
To: ois-news@offshore.com.ai
Message Hash: 1e7e278ddbff7c86a937ed5cfcb3f13b8aa2089e24fbc977b60bb2f33955c2b8
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960709133918.156A-100000@offshore>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 07:39:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 07:39:30 +0800
To: ois-news@offshore.com.ai
Subject: Offshore Information Services is Back after Bertha

Hurricane Bertha hit Anguilla just perfectly to do the most damage. Just
north of the storm the counterclockwise spin and westward movements add
for maximum destructive power, and we were just north of it.  Don't know
of any people or houses that were hurt, but a bunch of power and phone
lines have been damaged.

We lost power, ran for about 10 hours on battery, and then shut down. But
about 24 hours later we are back online to stay.

We are temporarily located in the Cable and Wireless building in town.
Thanks Cable and Wireless!

And thanks to everyone for your patience,

     Vince Cate
     Offshore Information Services Ltd
     Anguilla, Eastern Caribbean
     http://online.offshore.com.ai/