1996-07-04 - Re: blocking software & brock meeks

Header Data

From: declan@well.com (Declan McCullagh)
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 220b32927e4a8f24fce9e19af5ceaf105ab77f09baee89ff606d698e991411cd
Message ID: <v0151011dae00bfee919a@[204.62.128.229]>
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 10:47:48 +0800

Raw message

From: declan@well.com (Declan McCullagh)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 10:47:48 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: blocking software & brock meeks

Since I wrote most of the dispatch M. Nuri is talking about, I'll take a
moment to respond to his points below.

First, neither Brock nor I intends to "harass" the blocking software companies.

Seocnd, I wouldn't be nearly as skeptical of their efforts if they'd
honestly admit what they block. Right now, parents don't _know_ the extent
to which Junior is kept from educational and political sites.

This was the point of the article; I fear you missed it entirely.

-Declan

>sent this to Brock Meeks re: his latest column
>I also ask cpunks not to harass these companies or their users--
>it's a solution that's working.

Thread