1996-07-25 - Re: Netscape

Header Data

From: Tom Weinstein <tomw@netscape.com>
To: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Message Hash: 2a277852eee7bd8799568ca99bab8721a74f902524ed192cb2996c6987ddcf41
Message ID: <31F6D034.237C@netscape.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.94.960724183251.2024A-100000@switch.sp.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-25 04:46:24 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 12:46:24 +0800

Raw message

From: Tom Weinstein <tomw@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 12:46:24 +0800
To: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape

The Deviant wrote:

> I would have suggested even being as nice as "We'll do the same as MIT
> does with PGP's distrobution, or RSA does with RSAREF (just so you'll
> know, RSA's FTP basicly has a readme file that says "the files in
> subdir of a dir thats -r+x to you, so if you're a citizen go to
> dist/usaRANDOM_NUMBER_HERE", thats it).  Then make them explain why
> Netscape should be any different.

MIT reportedly has a letter stating that their systems is okay.  The
state department wouldn't give us such a letter because they were
"currently reevaluating their guidelines", or some such thing.  We
convinced them to give us temporary permission for this system until
they had finalized their new policy.

--
You should only break rules of style if you can    | Tom Weinstein
coherently explain what you gain by so doing.      | tomw@netscape.com

Thread