1996-07-30 - Re: Netscape Security Lies

Header Data

From: “Peter D. Junger” <junger@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
To: source@iaccess.za
Message Hash: 481ac35ceb77efaf72369d663016b032a4a1a5dbc0f80ecdd5ba9dcf9b82b14b
Message ID: <199607301624.MAA15114@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
Reply To: <199607300939.CAA24753@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-30 19:50:07 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 03:50:07 +0800

Raw message

From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 03:50:07 +0800
To: source@iaccess.za
Subject: Re: Netscape Security Lies

source@iaccess.za writes:

: We have just tested Netscape's security page and it seems they are either lyi
: ng
: or have a major bug.
:
: All you have to do to confirm this is to go to their page
: http://home.netscape.com/newsref/ref/netscape-security.html#test
: and click on the link under the heading Testing the Secure Server link
: "Here is a secure server you can visit.

It seems secure enough to me.  It won't even let me make a connection,
always saing that ``a network error occurred while Netscape was
receiving data''.  I am running the new non-export strength Netscape
beta for Linux and have my cookies file set to ReadOnly.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
Internet:  junger@pdj2-ra.f-remote.cwru.edu    junger@samsara.law.cwru.edu

Thread