1996-07-19 - Re: Alternative Journalism

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4dbac1ad64bc6b6a95585fb8e3beff25b1494295b8ce44a5667502c25ef9db6f
Message ID: <ae1445400202100420d1@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:28:53 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:28:53 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Alternative Journalism

At 11:04 PM 7/18/96, enquirer@alpha.c2.org wrote:
>                   THE CYPHERPUNK ENQUIRER PRESENTS:

>"Don't worry about it.  It gets worse before it gets better.  Come on, we're
>going to a party.  Tim May and John Gilmore are throwing a Mad Tea Party."
>
>"Are they really mad?"
>
>"May's crazy as a loon.  You'll like him.  Gilmore, he's just still pissed
>at Shimamura for that stunt in the hot tub ... "

Ssshhh! Don't let it out that I'm crazy as a loon.

BTW, "loon" is now considered to be derogatory slur and has been replaced
by the more PC term "differently outlooked." We differently outlooked
persons are forbidden by U.S. and California law from owning firearms, a
method used increasingly to seize the firearms of those who have ever come
into contact with the mental health profession.

(Hint: Never, ever, ever, ever have yourself admitted to any kind of
psychiatric facility for any reason whatsoever! Never, ever, etc. let a
family member have you admitted for treatment, observation, or analysis.
You will likely find that your right to own a firearm has evaporated if you
do any of these things.)

Personally, whenever I fill out the forms to buy a gun, I have no
compunctions about lying. (The checking procedures are primitive,
fortunately, unless one is so stupid as to answer "Yes" to any of the
questions the form asks.) That I am a felon has never stopped me from
picking up a gun.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!