1996-07-22 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: ecgwulf@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Llywarch Hen)
Message Hash: 54098abcbba8118e6d841bbb7f9b302818a4280fb0aa7c3f6ca1fab4161f953a
Message ID: <199607220111.UAA19079@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <2.2.16.19960722004904.1a3fece0@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-22 03:27:18 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:27:18 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:27:18 +0800
To: ecgwulf@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Llywarch Hen)
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Llywarch Hen wrote:
> In these parts most guns seemed to be used by the temporarily depressed
> teenaged children of gun owners. One kid managed to live as a vegetable
> having successfully removed the source of his unhappiness -- his brain.
> Tough luck. Pretty hard to aim properly when you are upset. Lesson: keep
> your cool.

I promised that when I have children I will not have guns at home. I
think that for me the danger outweighs the benefit. I would explain them
basic gun safety and how to shoot though, but would not keep guns around
them for any long period of time.

Lots of kids impulsively do things that they later regret. Like, once
one little boy hit me hard in the head with a heavy stick from behind
my back. I have never met him before, never even talked to him and never
angered him. He was 3-4 years younger than me so obviously he did not do
it because he was a bully. After he did it he was really sorry and no
one including his mom could explain why he did it. Thanks to his mom
who prevented me from beating the shit out of him.

Now, if he or myself had access to a firearm, the life now would not
be nearly as good as it is.

I've seen these sudden destructive impulses in kids many times.

	- Igor.

Thread