1996-07-06 - Re: What remains to be done.

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Message Hash: 5eebd45c26ff83bf5b73c8f06fff252ef1caa3fcb614f6ebe1a381871563001b
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960706051017.19983B-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <31DBB50A.5656AEC7@systemics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-06 11:40:33 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 19:40:33 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 19:40:33 +0800
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Subject: Re: What remains to be done.

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Gary Howland wrote:

> Black Unicorn wrote:
> >
> > A.  Methods to run secure websites on insecure servers.

[...]

> I fully agree with all of your comments, but, encrypted proxying issues
> aside, what is wrong with SSL?  Is it because the encryption is for
> the whole server, not individual users?

It provides no protection to the individual who must run on a server he
does not have in a secure location with TEMPEST specs.

> > Is anyone considering work on these?

> With regard to the local decryption idea, then I don't see this as
> much of a problem.  How much interest is there in this?  We already
> have something similar running, but it would still need a bit of work
> to make more general.

What do you have running exactly?

> Gary
> --
> pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
> Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06

Thread