1996-07-31 - Re: You know it’s getting late when… (fwd)

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 693b9fc963ef73ef9b5855e7db0f0dbc6fd6f4a0accb9244f197db63f2227056
Message ID: <ae243935020210042ce4@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:04:37 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:04:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: You know it's getting late when... (fwd)

At 1:24 AM 7/31/96, Jim Choate wrote:

>Consider (to some) a trivial example. There are 20 million cats and dogs
>killed each year because somebody was irresponsible. The vast majority of
>these are or were pets (not feral or wild animals as some would claim) which
>persons simply didn't want anymore. Now there is somewhere around 250
>million people in the US. This means that 1 out of 10 (roughly) are costing
>the rest of us about $50 ea. to take care of their pet 'problem'.
>
>I see no difference in having my money taken via taxes (where most of it
>comes from) for this than having somebody come and take $50 for whatever
>reason by kicking my front door in. Why am I being forced to pay this money
>to pay for somebody elses lack of discipline and simple human empathy?

I agree, and this is one reason I am opposed to State-sponsored canine and
feline genocide.

And historically the lack of canine eradication programs has been a major
way to control the "homeless problem," so the State is making the homeless
problem worse by removing natural pest control mechanisms.

--Klaus

Thread