1996-07-16 - Re: Can’t block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: 6e9f75fe0f55a286dc4016450eec8f7a8ee2999df97ed4edc9e376cd2b23f2b5
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960715193244.5030C-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <199607150749.DAA25917@mh004.infi.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-16 08:22:17 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:22:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:22:17 +0800
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

> There are businesses that _only_ list their 800 numbers, and you can't
> find out the real phone number associated with them through directory
> assistance.

    I'll leave it to others to call such a joint and give their name,
address, and credit card number to such an establishment.

> It's especially annoying when they've got an in-state or other non-nation-wide
> 800 number, or when you're calling from outside the US, especially when
> they're a business you'd like to be able to reach from anywhere, any time,
> like the travel agent your office uses

    Your straining my credulity to claim that you can't get ahold of the
regular phone number of them.   Come on, are you 7 years old?

> And they may _only_ have
> the bank of phones that's got ANI service on it, and not have other phones.

   I don't think phone service is sold that way.

Thread