1996-07-09 - Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

Header Data

From: JR@ns.cnb.uam.es
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7aeb217897b215843b12e80ce742a188d90ba18393f89f42be7d32094274c276
Message ID: <960709124751.21003a36@ROCK.CNB.UAM.ES>
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 21:34:55 +0800

Raw message

From: JR@ns.cnb.uam.es
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 21:34:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

Hey Perry,

	I think you are taking this too far. I believe that almost nobody
(there are always some exceptions) will deny the existence of disease. And
while Tim may not be a great doctor and even totally wrong in the case he
stated, the original point was not to discuss a specific medical case.

	You may -or not- agree that there is abuse. You may -or not- be
esceptical on the statistics. But there is no point in denying that it
is far easier in most cases to fix the symptoms than actually solve the
problem. Not that I say doctors do. God forbids.

	And from the very onset Tim explained his point in not building
a mental control society. And there's no point in denying that it is far
easier for most societies to have full mental control of their subjects
(to which technology aids) than to fix the big social problems.

	If you can't see the parallel, I'd advise a visit to the doctor.
Not to consult him, but to stay with her or him for a while and see what
patients demand and how well educated is our society into looking deep to
the problems instead of taking shortcuts. My experience as MD before I
switched to computing was very illustrating. Long ago, granted, but
interesting indeed.

				jr

Thread