1996-07-27 - Re: The Four Horsemen Go to the Olympics!

Header Data

From: Nathan Syfrig <nsyfrig@condor.depaul.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 814f197b3014cc7a099163fbd30dab76e2a9a41f7d11e0c34801328b4c943edb
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960727112449.29476A-100000@condor.depaul.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 02:31:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Nathan Syfrig <nsyfrig@condor.depaul.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 02:31:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Four Horsemen Go to the Olympics!

At 11:15 PM 7/26/96 -0700, Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com> wrote:
 >Well, there was an explosion at the Olympics...  It may have been a bomb or
 >it may have been a transformer.
 >Expect this to be used as fuel as to why every one in America must be under
 >constant survelance by the Government.
 >The Four Horsemen are now an Olympic Event!

And here's your suspect (from anonymous):

I AM NOT GOING TO TOLERATE EXISTENCE OF A MEDIUM FOR CRIMINAL HACKERS
 AND MUNITIONS SMUGGLERS. I WILL COMPLAIN TO THE FBI IMMEDIATELY SO THAT THEY
 CAN TRACK YOU DOWN AND CLOSE THIS LIST.

Now all you have to do is match this sentence structure with the 911
tape.  Maybe there's a correlation between an electronic fingerprint and
fingerprints on the phone booth.

This is very worrysome, as it truly is a "world stage" event that could
really serve to galvanize various governments into uniting against strong
non-escrowed crypto.  Hey, it will look good for the international PR,
never mind the fact that not everybody will be so 'diligent' in registering
their keys and/or use the "approved" crypto.

And of course, this country just purchased another IBM computer for
"nuclear simulation".  Gee, I wonder what else that power might be used
for?  (but then again, it's from IBM, purveyor of the Olympics computer
services)

Nathan
(standard not-my-emplyers-views disclaimer)

Thread