1996-07-24 - Re: Netscape

Header Data

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 83bda449ed40f2bcb23d2f62d80acf09b82c136d9c953baed27676ae65990313
Message ID: <v03007806ae1a02947816@[192.187.162.15]>
Reply To: <v03007800ae18d6652564@[192.187.162.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-24 12:32:33 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 20:32:33 +0800

Raw message

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 20:32:33 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape

At 11:23 AM -0700 7/22/96, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

>by creating a very large, glaring, and visceral
>public spectacle of the government cracking down on crypto, the
>resulting outcry could be absolutely enormous and resonate throughout
>the entire population. it would be a vivid portrayal of what the
>government has been doing quietly and secretly for decades, and
>perhaps the public might finally understand what is going on.

You're living in a dream world, Vladimir. There's no more going to be a
revolution about this than there was under Stalin, and for similar
reasons--when the government says the security of the State is at risk, and
the public sees explosions and deaths, they are going to go along.

All this will accomplish is ruin it for most everyone else. It reveals the
"monkeywrenchers" for the fascists they are.

"Comrades, comes the revolution you'll all eat strawberries and cream."

"But I don't like strawberries and cream."

"Comrades, comes the revolution, you'll ALL eat strawberries and cream."

David

Thread