1996-07-31 - Re: A Libertine Question

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 96eb4605f0c8925a7e47a7568487a11d70053630e7de6c78538d296c65c3ea64
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960731021540.17518A-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <199607302350.QAA01377@netcom21.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-31 09:31:36 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:31:36 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:31:36 +0800
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: A Libertine Question

> From: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
> Perhaps, but I can think of a lot of examples.  Laws that make it illegal
> to ask for money.  Laws that say you can't sit on the sidewalk.  Laws
> that make it illegal to feed soup to people without a stack of permits
> six feet high.  Laws that make it illegal to perform an excretory function
> outdoors in a city with almost zero public toilets.  (You should have

   .....You should move out of the city to a place you can afford.
There is no Constitutional right to live in Seattle.

This country has gone through many many many business cycles, financial
panics, etc.  Only in the recent era have cities been forced to do these
crackdowns (you think that herding and pacifying drunk/stoned panhandlers
is pleasureable?  Try working as a Seattle cop for a week, oh Mr
Armchair Sociologist) as a desperate measure of self-defense.

We are importing farm labor. There is plenty of work for those who want
it. Ask the Vietnamese/Cambodian/Laotian refugees who've arrived in Seattle.

I am a strong libertarian. Sell crack cocaine, rent your pussy to horny
middle-aged businessmen, do any non-violent,
non-damaging-to-others-property you want, but damn well maintain public
order and decorum. Or I will scream to my councilman for the cops to
adjust your attitude with their billy club.

Thread