1996-07-05 - Re: Lack of PGP signatures

Header Data

From: geoff@commtouch.co.il (geoff)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9819d5b64d26973c3ef8909f63e02b92000a2c04746519b18f99f4304286b60b
Message ID: <19960705135901328.AAB217@[194.90.26.119]>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 01:51:05 +0800

Raw message

From: geoff@commtouch.co.il (geoff)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 01:51:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Lack of PGP signatures

To: bshantz@nwlink.com, markm@voicenet.com, cypherpunks@toad.com
Date: Fri Jul 05 17:10:11 1996
On 7/3 Brad Shantz Wrote:

> Once upon a time last year or the year before, Tim May posted why he
> doesn't use PGP very often.  And I have always stood by that same
> sentiment.  Yes, it is a good encryption product, but it is not
> integrated seamlessly into other applications.  Tim, feel free to
> whack me if you think I'm speaking for you.  If, as cypherpunks, we
> want to spread the use of strong crypto, we need to have a better
> interface than what currently exists on PGP 2.6.2.

I strongly urge anyone who uses PGP on a regular basis to take a look
at Pronto Secure.

It is a fully featured Windows e-mail client with complete & seamless
PGP integration in its native implementation. Security features
include: Single click for encrypt sign or decrypt, on the fly
authentication, key management, talks to the keyservers, intuitive &
flexible certification / trust management, automated key exchange
between Pronto Secure clients & more.

The product is in final beta & this will probably be the last
opportunity to get a free registered copy. We believe that we have a
pretty secure e-mail client. However before releasing Pronto Secure to
a less security aware public, we would like to submit the product for
additional scrutiny by the members of this list. With this objective in
mind, we have decided to extend our special offer to beta testers: Any
tester providing us with feedback on the product will automatically be
eligible for a free copy of the soon to be released Pronto Secure 1.0.

For a detailed specification see http://www.commtouch.com/s-mail.html
To check out what our existing beta testers have said about Pronto
Secure: http://www.commtouch.com/testers.htm

To apply for the beta send signed mail to secure@commtouch.com.
Also please attach your PGP key.

I take this opportunity to thank all members of the list who have up to
now assisted in beta-testing the product. Your input has helped make
Pronto Secure into what we believe is a truely usable secure e-mail
client.

Geoff Klein, Pronto Secure Product Manager;   www.commtouch.com
My PGP public Key 1814AD45 can be obtained by sending a message
to geoff@commtouch.co.il with "Get Key" as the subject.

Thread