1996-07-16 - CookieScan 0.0 rev 0

Header Data

From: Christopher Hull <nozefngr@apple.com>
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a32b3f441ee02bac15e7b37fe58d26dda9e8a72f78e857db91c9007572e5a332
Message ID: <199607152332.QAA14438@apple.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:18:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Christopher Hull <nozefngr@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:18:50 +0800
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: CookieScan 0.0 rev 0

Do y¹all think there might be an interest in a
utility which would allow the user to deal with
browser cookies?

What I imagine is a little utility that would
display the cookies stashed on a machine and
give the user the option to either delete or
<snicker> edit </snicker> any given cookie.
(Hey, it¹s *your* computer, not the website¹s).

This little app would also come with help text
explaining what a cookie is (and is not).  In
future it might run in the background and alert
the user when a cookie is being dropped and the
user could give or deny permission (Netscape 3.0
will do this as well).

As it is an ³anti-virus² type product it would
be offered for free.  I could just stick it up
on Apple¹s (or Netscape's) website when finished.

Do any such utilities currently exits?

-Chris

...    smtp: nozefngr@apple.com
..     page: 1.800.680.7351