1996-07-18 - Re: “address verification databases”? (was: Netscape download…)

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: a845389bb53d5f644255d7e2d343b7d630cbd292777f4b432c2f1b2ee93d824c
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960718113355.0085b478@panix.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 22:06:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 22:06:28 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: "address verification databases"? (was: Netscape download...)

At 12:47 AM 7/18/96 -0700, Jeff Weinstein wrote:
>  Our database was obtained from American Business Information.
>They make those CDROMs with 11 million business names and addresses,
>and other such products.  There is a link to their web page from our
>US download page.

>  Our verification software does not check that the person whose name
>is entered in the form lives at the address entered in the form.
>We do verify some parts of the information entered.  Things like
>is the state code one of the 50 states, does the zip code match
>the state, etc.  (NOTE - these may not be the exact checks implemented
>currently.  I have not examined the code myself, but these are the
>types of checks being done.)

I got my copy after entering my accomodation address in New York City so the
address part of the control mechanism is not a problem.

DCF

Thread