1996-07-03 - Re: Lack of PGP signatures

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: Derek Atkins <bshantz@nwlink.com
Message Hash: af69a2b8170575ad344af8b573b42cf020ef76e5882374fb65fcdabe87e49ed8
Message ID: <v03007629ae004f708b49@[199.0.65.105]>
Reply To: <199607031436.HAA27482@montana.nwlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-03 21:36:18 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 05:36:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 05:36:18 +0800
To: Derek Atkins <bshantz@nwlink.com
Subject: Re: Lack of PGP signatures

At 11:09 AM -0400 7/3/96, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Is there an equivalent of OLE (AppleEvents, perhaps?)
> for the Mac?  It would be really cool if we could come up with a
> plug-in standard that gets put into mailers such that we could later
> add a PGP drop-in that performs the encryption using those standard
> interfaces.

Damn betcha. It's called OpenDoc, and it's probably the most exciting thing to happen to the Mac since desktop publishing. <plug> See my web-page for a rant or two on the subject. </plug>

Vinnie Moscaritolo (Famous ex-Marine and Samoan Attorney) started a list at mailto://majordomo@thumper.vmeng.com called mac-crypto (send "subscribe mac-crypto" in the body of the message), where we're talking about stuff like this, and other things. One of the projects we've been kicking around is a Macintosh Digital Commerce Conference ("Digital Commerce *is* Financial Cryptography", and all that...), and it looks like Vinnie's very close to getting a conference date set up.

A while ago, the folks working on the Macintosh Cryptography Interface Project merged their list with mac-crypto, so things have been getting interesting, even if traffic is a little sparse these days.  Getting a conference date firmed up should change that, we hope. So would a discussion of PGPlib in OpenDoc...

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"If they could 'just pass a few more laws',
  we would all be criminals."    --Vinnie Moscaritolo
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/

Thread