1996-07-24 - Re: E-Cash promotion idea

Header Data

From: Paul Robichaux <paul@ljl.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0504bba1c6dceb119ec7ce8833ade63677b63a6ad1fbe8501d19efd3a5227a8
Message ID: <v03007800ae1bed59f1b1@[206.151.234.126]>
Reply To: <199607241015.FAA06111@Dusk.obscure.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-24 19:01:18 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 03:01:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Robichaux <paul@ljl.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 03:01:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: E-Cash promotion idea

Matt Carpenter said:
>What if we just forget about change?  One of the neat things about ecash is
>that it allows for coins of (fairly) arbitrary values.  We can use this to
>our advantage, since we can guarantee that we can make a single payment of
>any value with a small number of coins.

The Visa stored-value cards now in Atlanta don't do this, but as a
simplifying measure most vendors in the Olympic Village (and many within
the downtown venue ring) have rounded prices to the nearest US$.
The precedent's been set.

-Paul

--
Paul Robichaux		LJL Enterprises, Inc.