1996-07-09 - Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

Header Data

From: gdunn@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Graham Dunn)
To: William Knowles <erehwon@c2.org>
Message Hash: b9cd4a5bdfe9b2e94e28fb0806f759121166dcddd33b6b27265d28494aebb51a
Message ID: <9607091205.AA12696@mailserv.kirin.co.jp>
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 23:53:58 +0800

Raw message

From: gdunn@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Graham Dunn)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 23:53:58 +0800
To: William Knowles <erehwon@c2.org>
Subject: Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

At  2:32 96.7.9 -0700, William Knowles wrote:

>Below is a list of famous people with Attention Deficit Disorders
>and/or Learning Disorders, and I'd be willing to bet that Perry Metzger
>either has, or knows someone with ADD.
>
>Albert Einstein, Galileo, Mozart, Wright Brothers, Leonardo da Vinci,
>Bruce Jenner, Tom Cruise, Charles Schwab, Henry Winkler, Danny Glover,
>Walt Disney, John Lennon, Winston Churchill, Henry Ford,
>Stephen Hawkings, Jules Verne, Alexander Graham Bell, Woodrow Wilson,
>Hans Christian Anderson,Beavis, Nelson Rockefeller, Thomas Edison,
>Gen. George Patton, Agatha Christie, John F. Kennedy, Whoopi Goldberg,
>Rodin, Thomas Thoreau, David H. Murdock, Dustin Hoffman, Pete Rose,
>Russell White, Jason Kidd, Russell Varian, Robin Williams, Louis Pasteur,
>Werner von Braun, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Robert Kennedy, alberto Tnmba
>Prince Charles, Gen. Westmoreland, Eddie Rickenbacker, Gregory Boyington,
>Harry Belafonte, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Steve McQueen, George C. Scott,
>Tom Smothers, Lindsay Wagner, George Bernard Shaw, Beethoven, Carl Lewis,
>Jackie Stewart, "Magic" Johnson, Weyerhauser family, Wrigley, John Corcoran.
>
>One can only wonder how much more great some of the people on this list would
>be today if they knew ADD back then.
>

>William Knowles
>erehwon@c2.org

OTOH, one could argue that their lack of attention to daily matters was
what allowed them to be 'great' in the first place. Picture a Mozart on
Ritalin.

Boss - "Hey, Wolfgang, thanks for getting that presentation together so
quick, it really impressed our client. And that was a really snappy jingle
you wrote for the opening slide show, too ..."

So, he's a 'great' worker at the office, and undoubtably undergoes nowhere
near the mental stress he would off Ritalin. But I cannot, for the life of
me, imagine _this_ man writing the music that the non-medicated Mozart did.

So should the medication you take be decided by the area in which you want
to be successful ? (or even better, vice versa: Personality engineering,
here we come).

Regards,
Graham Dunn

---
No PGP signature. Who would _want_ to impersonate me ?

Thread