1996-07-23 - Re: Distributed DES crack

Header Data

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCri_Kaljundi?= <jk@stallion.ee>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c6b5a25eeb8adf296f70b802f741acddf0efb6010e398a3f04cc49ceb2bb0e2a
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.93.960723162113.9199D-100000@nebula.online.ee>
Reply To: <199607230422.AAA09435@crypto.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 17:32:13 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 01:32:13 +0800

Raw message

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCri_Kaljundi?= <jk@stallion.ee>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 01:32:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Distributed DES crack

A little bit off topic, but some years ago some guys at our university
were working on a project called "Cryptographic module for digital
communications". I don't know if they ever finished it though, but it
might be of some use to someone out there.

The project aim was:

Create integrated circuit (further CryptoChip or CC) capable of key
exchange and generation using modular exponent based cryptosystem and
block encryption using IDEA cipher. The ideology behind CC is based on
having the minimal amount of information inside the chip and guaranteed
block cipher encryption rate above 10 Mbit/sec.

They have an old web page at: http://www.pld.ttu.ee/cchip/cchip.html

Jüri Kaljundi
jk@stallion.ee

Thread