1996-07-25 - Re: My Cypherpunk Patriotism

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: jgrasty@gate.net
Message Hash: cfb3f858907d92895ceb732508269afc132311934d0511796149ca82cbaa83e2
Message ID: <199607250229.VAA03459@homeport.org>
Reply To: <199607242218.SAA25988@osceola.gate.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-25 03:54:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 11:54:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 11:54:02 +0800
To: jgrasty@gate.net
Subject: Re: My Cypherpunk Patriotism

	I'd like to publicly commend Joey for releasing a winsock
remailer.  Having a remailer that will run on 50 million desktops is a
very powerful and important fact, and one that will make it much
harder to destroy the remailer network.  I'd also expect to see a lot
more remailers a year or so from now.  (Technology takes time to catch
on.)

Adam

Joey Grasty wrote:

| I received the following fan mail today, in regards to my
| announcement of the WinSock Remailer.  In my announcement, I
| noted that I have blocked the Church of Scientology discussion
| groups alt.religion.scientology and alt.clearing.technology.
| The author shall remain anonymous:
|
| > Please make your blocking configurable in a text file that
| > the remailer reads at startup time.  Other people who install
| > your remailer may not feel the need to surrender to
| > the Church of Scientology's legal terrorism the way you have.

| Fighting "wars" is for the young and strong.  Think of me as
| a weapons designer.  I build the weapons, someone else fights
| the wars.  Freedom needs weapons designers and warriors.
|
| That is my version of "Cypherpunk Patriotism".

					               -Hume

Thread