1996-07-05 - Re: Net and Terrorism.

Header Data

From: CyberEyes <cyberia@cam.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d4864721e23ed1f09cc1dd83fb49a502d7e7e703752701ff491d02a91755ebaf
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.94.960705122330.23070C-100000@Stratus.CAM.ORG>
Reply To: <199607040558.WAA07424@primenet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-05 20:32:42 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 04:32:42 +0800

Raw message

From: CyberEyes <cyberia@cam.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 04:32:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Net and Terrorism.

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, attila wrote:

> "denied zones" (we were never there) is no longer in vogue.  however, we
> will probably see that again in parts of the world as many cultures do
> not have the basic respect for life we do.

	What is your last comment supposed to mean exactly? Just because
some Islamic militants decide to kill a few people in a terrorist attack
does not mean that the entire believer population of Islam does not have
respect for life. Just who is "we"? Americans? Europeans? All
industrialized nations? Every country except those Third World ones? Uh...
I don't see your point very clearly here... The only culture I can think
of that might now have respect for life are cannibals, and they DO have
respect for life in a way, they don't kill each other (I don't think), and
they do it because it's their lifestyle, but they don't perform
cannibalistic acts out of malice. Correct me here if I'm wrong.

Ryan A. Rowe - Montreal, Quebec          /Seeking Internet-related job!/
aka CyberEyes, Rubik'S Cube                I will relocate _ANYWHERE_.

Tel. -> +1-514-626-0328                |                 __o         o
E-Mail -> cyberia@cam.org              |               _ \<_        <\
WWW -> http://www.cam.org/~cyberia     | __/\o_       (_)/(_)       />
IRC -> #CAli4NiA, #Triathlon, #Surfing |
FTP -> ftp.cam.org /users/cyberia      |  swim          bike       run

          Read my C.V. at http://www.cam.org/~cyberia/resume-e.html
           "In lieu of experience, I have a willingness to learn."

             "Everyone has their day, mine is July 15th, 1998."

Thread