1996-07-21 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dd2058a5b71fed89740048b34257a07a6ca4acd4bf1cf4fd94c6176330d348c6
Message ID: <199607212015.PAA17473@manifold.algebra.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 06:39:08 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 06:39:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Replying to our argument about securing access to one's house: I just
recioved a permission from Alan to post his message to Cypherpunks
maillist. He just confirmed my point that sleeping with a gun under
the pillow in an unsecured house is extremely dangerous:

Again, I am not crusading against guns and armed self-defense, but
I am indeed saying that simply having a firearm at home does not insure
safety and security. You have to go beyind having a gun and get a dog
and/or a metal door. A good fence is also a plus, although may not
always be possible.

	- Igor.

Alan Olsen wrote:

> At 03:49 PM 7/20/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >Alan Olsen wrote:
> >> There is a time and space dilation when the gun is pointed directly at you
> >> and about to be fired.  (Been there, done that...)  Perception tends to be
> >> skewed when all of the adrenaline is pumping into your bloodstream because
> >> of a perceived impending death.
> >>
> >> Believe me, it does look big.  A 12 gauge especially...  (Had a brother who
> >> came close to shooting me because he thought I was a burglar.  Not fun.)
> >
> >I am very curious how it happened.
>
> I returned back from a late night gaming session at about 2am. (I was about
> 17 at the time.) I came through the back door (because i had the key to it).
> He thought I was a burgaler and had a 12 gauge pointed at me.  After the
> first sharp peek of andreniline, I told him to put it away and I went to
> bed.  Not a fun way to end an evening...  (If I had not been so tired, it
> probibly would have effected me more.  Luckly, my brother has enough sense
> to no be short on the trigger finger.)
>
> ---
> Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction

	- Igor.