1996-07-20 - Re: Responding to Pre-daw

Header Data

From: harka@nycmetro.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e08129b7c6af4d76ccfac81bf19b0e2f3f0365244fbd30bac5aa71e4d21e4803
Message ID: <TCPSMTP.16.7.19.-13.18.54.2780269260.1198985@nycmetro.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 14:36:55 +0800

Raw message

From: harka@nycmetro.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 14:36:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-daw

 -=> Quoting In:hua@chromatic.com to Harka <=-

 > > If you want to own guns then you should accept the fact that you risk
 > > having your head blown off in the middle of the night by a SWAT team.
 > > Just as the car has introduced the risk of being killed in a trafic
 > > accident the gun has introduced new risks. If society dosen't like the
 > > risks then it can opt to ban the technology.
 >
 > Except that getting killed in a traffic accident IS an accident (mostly :)
 > while having black clad Fed's storming into your house was _consciously_
 > decided by them, because THEY have a problem with YOUR guns (?!)...

 In> I think the original point was that they MIGHT storm into your house
 In> by mistake (say, because they incorrectly accepted a informant's
 In> story). Therefore, it is truly a mistake.

 Well, not really. It would be severe case of neglegence which is not the same as a mistake. When you drive, you have to prove that you know what you are doing by getting a driver's licence.
 If you are a SWAT guy and some informer would come along and say "This and that person is a terrorist, I know for sure" and you go into that house and shoot everything that moves, well, doesn't sound much like an accident to me...

Harka
___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30 [NR]

Thread