1996-07-08 - Hurricane Bertha hitting Offshore Information Services

Header Data

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
To: ois-news@offshore.com.ai
Message Hash: e4e0d46d076d2a56d1fdb5dcfa2c5b2ad13c91c2df96457c003458e66ed1f2b4
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960707231628.688A-100000@offshore>
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 15:07:08 +0800

Raw message

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 15:07:08 +0800
To: ois-news@offshore.com.ai
Subject: Hurricane Bertha hitting Offshore Information Services

Hurricane Bertha is almost certainly going to hit Anguilla, where Offshore
Information Services is located.  It will probably be at the strongest
about 9 am Eastern time Monday morning.  This is still not a really big
hurricane, so we will not get anything like the trouble we had with Luis
last year.

Still, there is some chance that we will be offline at some time.  If so
please understand why.

I have about 8 hours of battery backup.  If power is out at our location
for longer than that I will relocate the server to another location, as I
did after Luis.  There is little chance that power will go out everywhere
for longer than 8 hours.

There is a good chance that we get through this without going down, but I
just wanted to let people know what our status is.  Be patient if sometime
tomorrow you can not get to our site.

  --  Vince Cate
      Offshore Information Services, Ltd.
      Anguilla