1996-07-06 - Re: Need PGP-awareness in common utilities

Header Data

From: “Deranged Mutant” <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
To: bryce@digicash.com
Message Hash: edd4b738ba9dd614052ee854d9fcece50d9682784cbd4eaf428824a0b4ad0adc
Message ID: <199607061837.OAA19841@unix.asb.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 05:07:30 +0800

Raw message

From: "Deranged Mutant" <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 05:07:30 +0800
To: bryce@digicash.com
Subject: Re: Need PGP-awareness in common utilities

On  6 Jul 96 at 15:11, bryce@digicash.com wrote:
[..]
> I really don't see why programs like majordomo, UseNet
> moderation-bots, and most noticeably the PGP key distribution
> program are PGP-unaware.

> Okay, fine.  Having waited for FIVE YEARS or however long it has
> been, you who are responsible for such handy dandy programs may now
> convincingly argue that you might as well wait for another few
> months to get PGPlib.  But I sincerely hope that once PGPlib arrives
> we don't wait another five years before using it.

Good point...

> There is another argument that people sometimes make-- that
> it is too complicated to ensure pubkey<->True Name.  SO WHAT!

I've <i>never</i> seen that argument.  It's a non-issue for making
programs PGP-aware.

[..]

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.

Thread