1996-07-22 - Re: INFO: Submit your testimony to Congress for hearings on July 25!

Header Data

From: initialization <initialization@nemesis.meaning.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f4f02a362a92f6cc3bc9277393ad4d3ef9dc2f07bf9167942f5909cea8a98867
Message ID: <199607220123.SAA28599@black.colossus.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:36:10 +0800

Raw message

From: initialization <initialization@nemesis.meaning.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:36:10 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: INFO: Submit your testimony to Congress for hearings on July 25!

vtw@vtw.org writes:
> UPCOMING HEARING INFORMATION
>
> The Senate Commerce committee will be holding hearings on the Burns/Leahy
> Pro-CODE bill (S.1726) this Thursday July 25, 1996 in Washington D.C.
>
> Like most everyone that doesn't live in Washington, you can't be there
> in the flesh.  But you can be there virtually through www.crypto.com!
>
> A RealAudio cybercast of the hearing is being coordinated by Jonah Seiger
> (CDT).  If you have the RealAudio software (it's free from www.realaudio.com)
> you can listen to the hearing live.  You can also telnet into the chat room
> and pose questions to the staffers who will be online.
>
> If you wish to make your voice heard, take a moment and submit your own
> written testimony through the web page at http://www.crypto.com.  When
> you submit your testimony, you can also submit a question for FBI Director
> Louis Freeh who is scheduled to testify.  We'll provide a copy of the
> questions to the committee members, and urge them to pin down Director
> Freeh on some of the finer points of the issue.
>
> This is an amazing time for democracy.  Never before have American citizens
> been able to have so much representation in the halls of Congress without
> actually being physically there.  Don't let this debate go on without your
> input!
>
> A complete profile of the cybercast and the net-presence effort is available
> at http://www.crypto.com/ until the hearing, and at
> http://www.crypto.com/events/ after that.

This is an amazing time for Big Brother, who, in the person of VTW,
is gathering the names and addresses of all who oppose it, one by one,
under the Rube of "testimony" and "democracy"?

What do you think will happen next? You think Big Brother is going to hear
what you say and say "oh my god they are right!" and then turn around
and mend its ways? NO! You will be marked as a trouble maker in your file,
and rounded up or worse, when the time comes!

They have duped many into participating, and others, prominent ones like
Blaze, Diffie, Schneier, Zimmermann, have been blackmailed into working
for them.

Turn your back on this sham "democracy". Fuck their "hearings". And demand
truth from "VTW". VTW=NSA+FBI front.

Thread