1996-07-22 - Credit Card to eCash

Header Data

From: “Myers W. Carpenter” <BMCarpenter@trevecca.edu>
Message Hash: f824e61cb0a7d6b48e9546511f48232dac268c2e5f7e881208c7f9d06b8b53c0
Message ID: <v03007600ae1866520123@[205.219.251.54]>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:59:21 +0800

Raw message

From: "Myers W. Carpenter" <BMCarpenter@trevecca.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:59:21 +0800
Subject: Credit Card to eCash

	What would be the problems in setting up a web site to make a
charge to a Credit Card/ATM card number and return Cash, like an ATM for
the net?
	I belive this would be a easy tool to promoat wider use of eCash.
Not everyone wants to go through setting up an account at Mark Twain or
whereever, just the advantages of a more cash like system.  With a few
sites like this around, and hopefully therefore more eCash in the wallets
of the public this could help to add to a critical mass to eCash and so on.
I don't think it would create the critical mass nessary for eCash's
success, but at least another log on the fire.
	anyway...
			myers

Thread