1996-08-03 - Re: Pipe bombs

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 00f55ff99f5988fc1e930d4f8302f2876f5adaab56f91981d486210f0ed0758d
Message ID: <ae27c15006021004bae3@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 10:07:18 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 10:07:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Pipe bombs

At 9:26 PM 8/2/96, Lucky Green wrote:
>At 21:02 8/1/96, Timothy C. May wrote:
>
>>Buy a section of metal water pipe 1/2 by 6 inches long, threaded on both

>I do believe you forgot the fuse... Electrical ignition elements, such as
>the ones used to launch model rockets should work just fine.

Actually, all I did was copy the first couple of paragraphs from the very
first set of instructions I found, found by using Alta Vista to search the
Web on the string "pipe bomb". That's what turned up.

(I guess I should've put quote marks around it and given a URL, but I was
in a rush to generate my felonious alternate .sig. I'll correct it now.)

--Tim

HOW TO MAKE A PIPE BOMB:
"Buy a section of metal water pipe 1/2 by 6 inches long, threaded on both
ends.  Buy two metal caps to fit.  These are standard items in hardware
stores.  Drill a 1/16th hole in the center of the pipe. This is easy with a
good drill bit. Hanson is a good brand to use.  Screw a metal cap tightly
on one end. Fill the pipe to within 1/2 inch of the top with black powder.
Do not pack the powder. Don't even tap the bottom of the pipe to make it
settle.  You want the powder loose.  For maximum explosive effect, you need
dry, fine powder sitting loose in a very rigid container." (more
information at http://sdcc13.ucsd.edu/~m1lopez/pipe.html, or by using
search engines)

Thread