1996-08-16 - Re: Burden of proof

Header Data

From: “Douglas R. Floyd” <dfloyd@io.com>
To: molnard1@nevada.edu (DAVID A MOLNAR)
Message Hash: 034ace56d8b561c00f5ce33b71ef8f59a9ea7285c7dbd8282a4725294905c6e4
Message ID: <199608160445.XAA07083@pentagon.io.com>
Reply To: <Pine.OSF.3.91.960815172937.17110A-100000@pioneer.nevada.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-16 07:12:55 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:12:55 +0800

Raw message

From: "Douglas R. Floyd" <dfloyd@io.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:12:55 +0800
To: molnard1@nevada.edu (DAVID A MOLNAR)
Subject: Re: Burden of proof

> > This relates to something I have been wondering about:  If one could
> > get one's company to pay one in electronic cash, what is to stop one
> > from piling the coins in a Datahaven somewhere (assuming one existed
> > that would be usable for these purposes) and say to the IRS: Money?
> > What money?  Can you find any of my money?  I, uhh... lost it!  Yeah,
> > that's it!!
> 	What is to stop the IRS from pointing out that you received the
> money from your employer? Maybe you could convince them you were unable
> to pay, but that would require squirreling away(and refraining from
> using) all your assets.

FYI:  Cheating on an IRS tax return is considered the same as not filing
one -- there is NO statute of limitations.  This means if you place your
money in a money/data haven, and spend it 20 years later, you can still be
nabbed for tax evasion.

Thread