1996-08-21 - Re: Post Office restrictions

Header Data

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
To: “cypherpunks” <ac@twinds.com>
Message Hash: 0547e4cce660569ef779410947530e3eced385eb44f4438383d39c361eda9446
Message ID: <19960821062923375.AAA66@IO-ONLINE.COM>
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:41:23 +0800

Raw message

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:41:23 +0800
To: "cypherpunks" <ac@twinds.com>
Subject: Re: Post Office restrictions

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:18:42 -0400 (EDT"), Arley Carter wrote:

>> I've told some people about a few of the loopholes mentioned on the list
>> about the new post office restrictions on airmail packages.  What's
>> disturbing is that none of the people I'd talked to, all of whom are
>> at least reasonably intelligent, had thought or heard, for instance,
>> that PanAm103 only took 12 ounces or that someone could just send two
>> packages.  How does the news media justify its existence? (Down here, it
>> seems to be serving as a propaganda arm for the Republicans)
>                                                  ************
>
>Where are you that the news media serves as a lapdog for the Republicans?
>The local media, esp. the print media around here, Winston-Salem, NC
>leans so far to the left the letters fall off the page when you up the
>newspaper. :-)

I'm talking about the San Diego Union-Tribune, the paper that posted huge
billboard welcoming the RNC around the area, the paper that paid for the
biggest fireworks display ever west of the miss, the paper that had a
6-20 page RNC insert daily, the paper that "spammed" the opinions page
with pro-RNC articles.  Are we starting to see what's it like? By the
end, I was something like "I don't care if Bob Dole gets raped to death
by a donkey, I don't want to hear about it!"

>As for the national media, esp. the (C)linton (N)ews (N)etwork, need I
>say more?
Agreed

|Home: Chris Adams <adamsc@io-online.com> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
|Autoresponder: send email w/subject of "send resume" or "send PGPKEY"
|Work: cadams@acucobol.com | V.M. (619)515-4894 | (619)689-6579
|AcuCOBOL-85: Migrate the easy way - 100% legacy compatible,
|easy GUI, ODBC, 650+ platforms w/o recompiling (like Java).

Thread