1996-08-16 - Re: Fw: Re: Free Pronto Secure Offer

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Message Hash: 140b644d7a577a01327177c63b1a805e7351bd3865963dc8ec9588830e0b81b7
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960816162838.12459C-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960815195125.154A-100000@smoke.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-16 23:38:33 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 07:38:33 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 07:38:33 +0800
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Free Pronto Secure Offer

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, snow wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Black Unicorn wrote:
> > you to make their comments public.  That's called an endorsement, and, by
> > the way, people are usually paid for them.  Sometimes in the millions.
> > Think Michael Jordan is getting a deal when you use his name to promote
> > your product and then give him a $99.00 piece of software (which is
> > effectively worth the amount of time it takes to write a few kiss ass
> > paragraphs on the software, not $99.00)?
> >

>      The time it takes M. Jordon to write a couple of paragraphs would
> be worth at least $99.

If MJ wanted a copy he need only tell someone else to write the
paragraphs and take the copy from that someone else.

The point is that the "prize" is worth only that which it takes to obtain
it.  In this case, a bum could write a review (his time is worth nearly
nothing in op. cost) and turn it over to whomever.

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn@schloss.li

Thread