1996-08-08 - Re: Wee Beasties on Mars [NOISE]

Header Data

From: Roger Williams <roger@coelacanth.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 23c2c7e428333316cf492ccbaa2b7fb70e5e5aa69a4d20dc19e02a30a91a215c
Message ID: <rogerafw6ockb.fsf@sturgeon.coelacanth.com>
Reply To: <v02140b02ae2ebc31d032@[204.179.131.165]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-08 07:48:05 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 15:48:05 +0800

Raw message

From: Roger Williams <roger@coelacanth.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 15:48:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Wee Beasties on Mars [NOISE]

  > ... the most interesting fallout of this will be in
  > the creationism/evolution debate.

Perhaps, but I doubt it.

  > It seems that life may have
  > been independantly generated at multiple locations, barring a
  > "space seed" debate flaring up again, and the "impossible odds"
  > argument has become pretty weak...

I doubt if it weakens the Creationists' stand, though.  After all, if
God created life on Earth, she could have created it anywhere else she
wanted, without having to ask permission of the inhabitants of the
"third rock from the sun".  [As you're no doubt aware, this has been,
in part, the premise of several moderately-successful SF novels.]

ObCrypto?  Are you kidding -- cryptogamology, maybe...

--
Roger Williams                         finger me for my PGP public key
Coelacanth Engineering        consulting & turnkey product development

Thread