1996-08-16 - Re: Burden of proof

Header Data

From: DAVID A MOLNAR <molnard1@nevada.edu>
To: Robin Powell <rpowell@algorithmics.com>
Message Hash: 2a51cd74f58b483b5cec8bab2c4db1ee5bec80c1d12ddb300be219890f7b735a
Message ID: <Pine.OSF.3.91.960815172937.17110A-100000@pioneer.nevada.edu>
Reply To: <96Aug15.132311edt.20486@janus.algorithmics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-16 03:22:30 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:22:30 +0800

Raw message

From: DAVID A MOLNAR <molnard1@nevada.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:22:30 +0800
To: Robin Powell <rpowell@algorithmics.com>
Subject: Re: Burden of proof

> This relates to something I have been wondering about:  If one could
> get one's company to pay one in electronic cash, what is to stop one
> from piling the coins in a Datahaven somewhere (assuming one existed
> that would be usable for these purposes) and say to the IRS: Money?
> What money?  Can you find any of my money?  I, uhh... lost it!  Yeah,
> that's it!!
	What is to stop the IRS from pointing out that you received the
money from your employer? Maybe you could convince them you were unable
to pay, but that would require squirreling away(and refraining from
using) all your assets.

Thread