1996-08-02 - Re: Internal Passports

Header Data

From: drose@AZStarNet.com (David M. Rose)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 36a81b325e9910d0a72f4196f120f64fbc0bb48d531db317527fd0f4a9a1d1fd
Message ID: <199608020153.SAA00324@web.azstarnet.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 12:37:21 +0800

Raw message

From: drose@AZStarNet.com (David M. Rose)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 12:37:21 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Internal Passports

Mike McNally wrote:

>That reminds me:  I thumbed through BiBi's terrorism book (the one D.S.
>certified as prerequisite reading for particpation in intelligent
>discussions about something-or-other) at B&N the other day.  It's a
>pretty thin book.  Most of it seems to be about the rise of the Moslem
>Menace and how the Sultan's hordes will soon be upon us all.  The last
>chapter outlines all the "necessary measures" governments must take
>to stamp out the wildfire of terrorism.  Same old same old, mostly,
>like allowing suspects to be held without charges, allowing warrantless
>searches (I think), thorough weapon registration, and so on.  The last
>one (or next-to-last; I think the last one is "brainwash the populace
>into thinking this is all a good idea") is about establishing a
>periodic "civil liberties review panel".
>
>Yeah right.

OK.  But I sure would like to have an automatic weapon for
self/home/"national" defense w/o going through a tremendous amount of B.S.
(as Israelis are excused from).  I believe that you Texans and we Arizonans
have the privilege; in "urban" states, where the need truly is, good luck.

Also, I don't know what your experience in the Middle East is.  Me, I worked
in Iran and exited just before the Jan. '79 "revolution".  Menace & murder.
You *really* have no idea.  Hint:  I'm alive.

If you still (I don't know your age) think that humans are all the same, but
we juss gots diffrunt colors 'n' cultures, I *strongly* recommend an
extended period of travel to the third world.

In all sincerity,

Dave

Thread