1996-08-24 - Abuse by llurch of ISP

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Skipp OBC)
To: postmaster@stanford.edu
Message Hash: 45ddbc31ef7ef50746f865f368f5c8b4f95f9bb7cf04642b64062ea410822e4a
Message ID: <199608240240.TAA13822@netcom16.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 03:54:05 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Skipp OBC)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 03:54:05 +0800
To: postmaster@stanford.edu
Subject: Abuse by llurch of ISP

Subject: Re: Abusive mail from qut@netcom.com refused
To: abuse@netcom.com, rcgraves@ix.netcom.com, llurch@stanford.edu
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 19:21:25 -0700 (PDT)

! Dear Netcom:
!
! You suspended the account of this cross between Boursy and Dan Gannon (but

Absurd!  Boursy is non-political and objectively a true net abuser.
So is Gannon who spammed thousands of newsgroups with identical political
posts, such groups as sci.physics and sci.math .

! not as sincere) for two weeks in March for net abuse including mailbombing
! and forging cancels. Please restore what little faith I once had in Netcom
! by considering doing so again.

Netcom has considerably higher standards than Stanford, an account there
is apparantly considered an actual right rather than a service.
llurch@stanford.edu is his address he abuses the net from, you won't find
his abuses from rcgraves@ix.netcom.com which he very rarely uses, this
e-mail, for example, was forged from networking.stanford.edu .

! All mail from qut@netcom.com to any of my email addresses is now being
! bounced to you as well as to him. Until he stops, you will usually receive
! multiple copies, because he usually sends multiple copies.

This is absurd, we both subscribe to the same mailing list, cypherpunks,
thereby anything I post to the list will be abusively e-mailed to
abuse@netcom.com .  Also, It is inherent that posting to usenet invites
e-mailed responses, which would make what he is doing even more abusive.

Rich Graves is a prominant net abuser, false complaints are part of his
repertoire.  He has never before complained about recieving courtesy
copies of responses to his posts, this is the first I've heard of it.

--
qut@netcom.com

Thread