1996-08-27 - Re: Cypherpunk voting - ITAR or CDA

Header Data

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 47b57c48c8fcdcb3d2569abe376ad587e442890d35537a1a561f40957dd45856
Message ID: <199608261917.MAA24551@netcom8.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:33:12 +0800

Raw message

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:33:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Cypherpunk voting - ITAR or CDA

At  1:37 AM 8/25/96 -0400, Vincent Cate wrote:
>So it seems Dole is the better vote.  Is this important enough to many
>cypherpunks to actually determine their vote?

Every time I think about voting for Dole, I read something in the papers
that convinces me it is a bad idea.  The most recent is that he wants to
raise the intensity of the disastrous, failed war on drugs.

You know the war.  The one that has forced suppliers to enforce their
contracts with violence because the courts won't help them.  The one that
eliminated the concept of responsible use which has worked so well with
alcohol.  The one that has eliminated reputation from the drug market,
leading to overdoses and poisonings.  The one that is responsible for most
of the wire taps authorized in the USA.  The one that has turned the USA
into the prison capitol of the world.  Don't get me started.

Bill Frantz       | Cave ab homine unius lebri | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     |  [Beware the man of one    | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com |   book]  - Anonymous Latin | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread