1996-08-15 - Re: photographed license plates

Header Data

From: Erle Greer <vagab0nd@sd.cybernex.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 49f578b979faf390a8653b447841c1f2d7f507386452b449ac8ff94ac6a4c091
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960815043853.007242e8@mail.sd.cybernex.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:36:53 +0800

Raw message

From: Erle Greer <vagab0nd@sd.cybernex.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:36:53 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: photographed license plates

At 07:51 PM 8/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In the UK they now use cameras to deter speeding; the cameras are
>triggered by vehicles passing by which exceed the speed-limit, so in
>theory it's only naughty people who get photographed. Interestingly
>enough, there are far more places with camera warning signs than there
>are actual cameras; the actual cameras are moved around at random. Even
>though most of the time there isn't a camera there, almost everbody
>seemed to slow down in the marked areas; probably because there's almost
>100% chance of being caught if there is a camera there.

I speed a lot, but I wouldn't mind seeing an automated system
!!! AS LONG AS TAXES THAT PAY SPEED COPS' SALARIES GO DOWN !!!
This system would free up the police force's time so greatly
that they would have time to make our neigborhoods safe. hehe
Vagab0nd<br>
public key.</a>

Thread