1996-08-01 - Jewell is the Militia Bomber!!!!

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5a6dba6a80be1c505549f353f75ccf9dae66f2debba7e64c9c24097aff2b24cf
Message ID: <ae25687f0102100499f1@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:12:35 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:12:35 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Jewell is the Militia Bomber!!!!

The security guard Jewell is now confirmed to be the prime suspect. While
NBC News is reporting that no evidence _directly_ links him to the bombing,
the evidence against him is overwhelming:

1. He is overweight. With the exception of The Unabomber, most perps in
cases like this are fat.

2. They found a _shotgun_ in his cabin.

3. He had an interest in guns. (Back issues of "Guns and Ammo" are bad
enough, but possession of even a single issue of "Combat Handguns" is
sufficient to convict in 39 of the 50 states.)

4. News sources are reporting that authorities who searched his apartment
and his cabin "came up empty," which surely implies that he planned this
crime with the help of others.

--Tim May

(P.S. I, too, was convinced Jewell was the guy. But in recent hours it is
looking like a "rush to judgment" could be involved. There is strong
pressure to "solve the crime" by the close of the Olympics on Sunday.)

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!