1996-08-02 - Re: Jewell is the Militia Bomber!!!!

Header Data

From: JonWienk@ix.netcom.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6c46489498ff3c52b783e9eec3694da8a03bee0ed5363847d5cc0fd17baa378a
Message ID: <199608020217.TAA22834@dfw-ix7.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:00:06 +0800

Raw message

From: JonWienk@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:00:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Jewell is the Militia Bomber!!!!

On Thu, 01 Aug 1996, Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com> wrote:
>jim bell wrote:
>>
>> At 07:49 PM 7/31/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
>> >
>> >2. They found a _shotgun_ in his cabin.
>>
>> No, no, Tim.   The proper way to deliver this to a TV audience is, "They
>> found an ARSENAL in his COMPOUND!"
>
>Alternatively, describe the shotgun as a 50 caliber cannon.
>
>Gary

[snip]

Actually, a 12-gage shotgun is approximately .73 caliber.  Maybe it was a
16-gage?  BTW, many "real terrorist incidents" are acknowledged by the group
committing them, so that they will win support for their "cause," or notoriety,
or whatever other gratification their sick minds might derive from carnage.  The
fact that no one has claimed responsibility for the bombing skews the
perpetrator probabilities more toward a single disturbed individual or a
Reichstag rehash.

Ernest Hua (hua@chromatic.com) wrote:
>: How does one verify that an IP address is coming from a U.S. site?
>: How do most FTP site (e.g. those which carry crypto) determine the
>: origins of a connection?

>What's the use ? It makes it only nominally more difficult to access
>an US crypto site, one needs first to esthablish an US beachhead ie.
>open an US account, and ftp the eleet crypto warez using the newly
>created US account as an intermediary.

>So the next step will be a tag that a user is an 'alien' ?
[snip]

The chupa-cabras, Grays, and the Art Bell Fan Club would file an EEOC
class-action lawsuit, citing preferential treatment for beings that "the average
citizen" actually BELIEVES in.  More lawyer-bait.
Jonathan Wienke

"1935 will go down in history! For the first time a civilized nation has full
gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the
world will follow our lead in the future!"
--Adolf Hitler

"46.  The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale,
transportation, and transfer of all non-sporting firearms. ...Consider the
following statement:  I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist
confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government."
--The 29 Palms Combat Arms Survey
http://www.ksfo560.com/Personalities/Palms.htm

1935 Germany = 1996 U.S.?

Key fingerprint =  30 F9 85 7F D2 75 4B C6  BC 79 87 3D 99 21 50 CB

Thread