1996-08-17 - Ad Hoc Bay Area Cypherpunks Thing–Sat., 24 Aug, 3 pm, Menlo Park

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7772a6f0dfaea1cef61e020db2f14863fa3eb2ba26f335b847428358104c819c
Message ID: <ae3b79331402100447b0@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 06:15:11 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 06:15:11 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Ad Hoc Bay Area Cypherpunks Thing--Sat., 24 Aug, 3 pm, Menlo Park

At 9:45 AM 8/17/96, aba@atlas.ex.ac.uk wrote:
>Living in the UK, I really don't have that much idea where the people
>on the list I've gotten to know over the years live.
>
>I will be over in the San Francisco / Redwood City area next Saturday
>(24th), if anyone I know would like to meet, exchange keys, have a
>chat about crypto/cypherpunks stuff, mail me.
>
>Also if there is any regular cpunks meeting in this area which
>coincides, let me know!

(I passed this message by Adam Back, and he can make this schedule. So,
here it is. Unless serious objections are raised--e.g., a conflict with
another party--I suggest we do this.)

There is no Cypherpunks event scheduled for that Saturday, but we can have
an ad hoc gathering, informally arranged. I suggest meeting at 3 p.m. at
Cody's Bookstore, on El Camino Real in Menlo Park (hard to miss). Or at the
coffee shop next to it...either should be sufficient Schelling points to
nucleate a group.

>From there we can adjourn to someplace for food.

This should be close enough (a few miles) from Redwood City...a lot closer
for Adam that the 50 miles for me. But I always need good excuses to visit
the Valley.

--Tim

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!