1996-08-08 - Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8f8edebb58d54d6a0424b706d4754a87e13f1915de35b3f6a6198a86efe52f26
Message ID: <ae2e146d0002100492fe@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 08:24:58 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 08:24:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

At 5:15 PM 8/7/96, Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:
>Man,
> you guys have way, WAY to much time on your hands. CP is starting to sound
>more like a bunch of bickering old ladies than the usual bickering group of
>old ladies (uh I mean crytpo anarchists) . I would have responded and put a
>round through the head of this discussion a few days ago, but my digest
>feed to cp died a few days ago.

"Put a round through the head of this discussion"?

One of the most common conceits on this list is summarized by this comment:
"I've said what I want to say, so now it's time for us to move on to other
things."

Or the charming equivalent: "You've heard my views, now can't we move on to
some _real_ cryptography?"

And then there's the old chestnut of claiming others have too much time on
their hands.

Learn to use the "delete" key for discussions you don't like.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!